Thursday, October 18, 2007

'Ole! aka Week 7 #17

Ok I'm supposed to do a Julie Andrews and blog about my favourite things. Well I think I've been doing that here and there already through the course of this exercise. In the about me section of the blog, with favourite fims, books, TV Shows etc. Flickr Photos with my two puddy tats. Library Thing, where I'm slowly putting more books on, 3 a day, mostly the Tolkien stuff to date. del.icio.us where I've been putting all my favourite websites.

I recall a conversation with a guy called Trevor who used to take the Jolly Jumbuck around the state , putting shows on for local school kids at the Local Library, he once made an observation "Librarians (generically speaking) are obsessed with food" So why fight it here's mine

There's Chocolate of course, and I think Roald Dahl said it best when he said:

"Never mind about 1066 William the Conqueror, 1087 William the Second. Such things are not going to affect one's life.... But 1932 the Mars Bar and 1936 Maltesers and 1937 the Kit Kat - these dates are milestones in history and should be seared into the memory of every child in the country"

Or I could mention my other favourite food. Mexican there's nothing better. There's a cafe in St Kilda which used to make the best Nachos (they may still do for all I know, haven't been back there in years). Then there's a great little restaurant in Melbourne (Russell st. I think) called Taco Bill's , not to be confused with Taco Bells. And there's nothing better than a bowl of Chilli, unless of course the said chilli happens to be crammed into a few tacos or burritos.

Since I've already put my fudge recipie up. Here's my very own Chilli recipie.

CHILLI CON CARNE

INGREDIENTS

500 g. mince. (can be substituted with other meats, diced if pref.)
1 tbs. bacon chips.
1 110 g. tin of corn kernels.
1 110 g. tin of sliced mushrooms in butter sauce.
1 420 g. tin of chilli beans.
1 425 g tin of tomato puree
1 pkt. taco or chilli seasoning mix.
Dash of tabasco sauce

METHOD

1. Brown mince in a microwave on high for 5 min. Drain fat.
2. Add all remaining ingredients stir thouroughly (mainly because its fun) & cook on high for 10 min. stirring once halfway through.

There it is quick, easy and Tasty 'ole!

PS It also makes a great Pie filling!

No comments: