Monday, October 29, 2007

Me Gingerbread man You Tube aka Week 9 #20

First off in the interests of full disclosure. I must confess that I had already spent a little bit of time on You Tube. So I had some familarity with it.

I get a nostalgic kick out of being able to view stuff that hasn't been seen on the old Cathode Ray Tube (Television for non geeks) since I was a little cookie.

I lurved Conan the Librarian. We've all had times when we'd like to unleash barbarian fury on a patron or two (or is that just me)

As for the 1950's Life's Work Reel on Librarians. Some observations with a caveat. It dropped out on me after 2 hours with 5 min to go, so didn't see it all. But I haven't seen so many wasps since we disturbed the nest under the front porch. Thank Goodness that's changed! As corny as it sounds one thing that hasn't is that it does help to have a love of People and Books, and its still a profession which is largely female dominated. (That's a good thing, before you all start spamming me)I couldn't help but notice the Librarian interupted the teen when he was asking about the TV Book. Very bad customer service. And as for the reference Librarian she seemed to be bombarded with queries where the patrons could and should have come to the Library and done their own research first. What do you think its out job to sit around and answer questions all day. On second thoughts ignore that. One question. What's a Cataloguer, Do we still have those? ;} (OK you can spam me for that one)

Finally my favourite You Tube site is by a guy called appropriately enough 'Just some random guy' He specializes in using plastic superhero comics figures in a format based on the 'Hi I'm a Mac and I'm a PC' ads. Called 'Hi I'm Marvel and I'm a DC' (The two biggies in comic publishing) And has a bit of fun with the characters and conventions of comics and related movies. I find them LOL funny although it helps to be familiar with the said characters and conventions, ie a geek. He does all the voices himself and is currently ranked #61 most subscribed out of the millions of entries, so not bad.

Here's a link to all of his work on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ItsJustSomeRandomGuy&p=r

And here's the first one just to get you started:

No comments: