Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Amazing Zoho aka week 8 #18

When I looked at the extinction timeline (see earler post) I noticed it listed the demise of Microsoft within 10 years or so. At the time I thought that was no more than wishful thinking, but you know; Web based apps like this one, could go a long way toward at least ending their monopoly in areas like MS Office. I mean why shell out several hundred dollars on a program which you can only use on the PC its installed on, or for that matter as far as Business Networks (ie Libraries) go considering you have to shell out a license for each PC you put it on, why bother when you can use web based programs like this which you can access again from any PC. I suppose there is the small issue of needing a web connection to acces it, but its not like they drop out all the time is it:)

Just a thought. Maybe the spreasheet program could be used to access things like Meeting Room Booking sheets from RA PC's Since I've imported this post from Zoho, I'll have to look into importing a document into Zoho as a test. Here goes!

No comments: