Saturday, September 29, 2007

Feeding the Comix aka Week 4 #9

Well what can I say in checking out RSS feeds I came across one that's on a topic near and dear to me, and one that libraries are for the most part only really catching onto in the last few years with a few exceptions.

COMICS. But of course if you've read my profile you knew that already.

The website's one of the best around on keeping up with current trends, current and upcoming releases, and notable events from both the big publishing houses and the indies. and a great all round forum on this much maligned blending of art and literature.

And yes I did call comics both Art and Literature they're a one of a kind blending, and no they're not just for kids. The average age of a comic reader is 30, and they're a lot deeper, mature and broader and smarter than the stuff that was around when I was a just a wee cookie.

Anyway enough ranting Its called CBR or Comic Book Resources and its just one of the feeds I've selected. The best one I dare say.

You can see them all at http://www.bloglines.com/public/Gingerbreadman63

of course if you'd rather visit the site direct in all its glory check out
http://www.comicbookresources.com/
you won't regret it. Unless you have a very small imagination, a very narrow mind are severely lacking in a sense of humour and are what is commonly referred to as a cultural snob in which case it serves you right;)

No comments: