Saturday, November 3, 2007

The end. I think not! aka week 9 #23

Well here we are at the end, and I must confess, having some familarity with many of the topics and the web in general. I was unsure that it could be of benefit, although hopeful for all that.

To quote Paul comepletely out of context 'Hope did not dissapoint' Several years ago when teaching basic computer and web skills to patrons. I often used an illustration that the web is like a micrososm of a major city where you can find almost anything. To extend the analogy as a frequent stroller in that city, I tended to stick to the same well worn paths, after all don't most fairy tales warn you 'keep to the path, don't stray' Well if Libraries 2.0 taught did anything, it took me off the path, and showed me some different ones, which I intend to revisit. and helped me see others which I had known a little, come to know a lot better. Some of them as I've mentioned in earlier posts can be applied to tasks within the Library, some I can also use in other areas of my life beyond the sphere of Library work, and some were just plain fun.

I'm almost surprised to say. I think I'll miss this exercise. I would hope it is continued and extended beyond #23 at some point, and if not, well I guess its not a bad thing for me to start getting of the well worn path and go exploring. Who knows where I'll end up.

No comments: